- Chair – Joe Bennett – Author and Columnist
- Trustee – Brent Stanaway- Crown Solicitor for Christchurch and Greymouth
- Trustee – Helen Sellwood – Finance Manager at Environment Canterbury
- Treasurer/Secretary – Annie Horgan – Retired Westpac Bank Officer
- Mike Friend – Creative Director
- Darryl Cribb – Production Manager & Operations
- Performers – Contracted on a production basis
- Kate Anastasiou – Fundraiser (contractor & volunteer hours)
- Volunteers – Paid staff also contribute a quota of volunteer hours to all programmes.
Registered Charitable Trust CC43560
Accountant: Kendons Chartered Accountants
- 2014 Accounts Available
- 2015 Accounts Available
- 2015 Independent Audited Accounts due November 2015
The Ministry of Education will fund the build of the Lyttelton Primary school hall. The Loons Theatre Trust is raising the money to fit the space out as a performing arts centre with retractable seating, staging, lighting, and sound rigs.
Grants and donations.
- Christchurch Earthquake Appeals Trust: $62,728.00
- Todd Foundation: $40,000.00
- Lion Foundation: $8,000.00
- Private Donors: $10,760.00
The funds raised to date have been allocated to building strengthening (for theatre fitout structural additions to the requirements of a school hall), consultants’ fees (BECA), and retractable seating.
- $70,000.00 must be raised for the balance of the retractable seating by 5 November 2015 when the MAXWOOD deposit is due. Please go to our Boosted page if you would like to donate.
- $220,000.00 will then be needed for lighting, sound and upright mast lift. The Trust is building strong cases with Canterbury Community Trust, Christchurch City Council’s Creative Industries Support fund and other major grant providers for this balance. All decisions on these grants are due between December 2015 and May 2015.
The Loons Theatre Trust was granted $13,000.00 operational funding by the Todd Foundation, which was allocated to operational costs for the project management and fundraising for the theatre Fitout.
The Loons Theatre Trust is in the process of forecasting all operational costs to meet the objectives of their current five year plan. These will include, but are not limited to, a “peppercorn” rental, staffing, insurance, and maintenance of equipment. $26,359.00 of operation costs currently forecast have been funded by a Christchurch City Council grant “Strengthening Communities”. Operational Costs will continue to be published as identified.
The Loons Theatre Trust generates the majority of staff and contractor wages through Loons in Schools education programmes and theatre productions. Some productions have also received Creative New Zealand grants and private donor support. Additional opportunities for revenue generation through venue hire, production management and an expansion of education programmes are currently being explored with Lyttelton Primary and will benefit both the School and the Trust. The Loons Theatre Trust is a charitable trust with all surplus generated to be administered by the board in line with the Trust’s objectives.
- BounceNZ quote with adjusted figures June 2015
- HangUp lighting quote June 2015
- Maxwoods Quote 150619_Loons Theatre_Quote
- Peak Access Quote
- Rawlinsons estimate for Building Structural Improvements